7/2/08

Welcome

This is my second attempt at blogging.  My first succumbed to the extreme lack of "free" time I have as a student of Chiropractic.  I'm going to try so hard to stay dedicated to this blog because I really think it could turn into something valuable for someone.

My goal is to provide loads of useful health information that my future patients can refer to.  Topics will relate to "alternative" health, i.e. how to avoid medicine as much as possible and the benefits of a chiropractic life.

As I said above, I'm a student, attending Logan College of Chiropractic in St. Louis, MO.  It's a myth that we're not real doctors who don't undergo the same rigorous studies as our allopathic counterparts.  We just focus on healing naturally and maintaining health and our primary tool is the chiropractic adjustment rather than potentially toxic chemicals created in a lab and called medicine.  I think it's clear why I didn't go to med school.  

Most people are surprised to learn that chiropractors spend many more hours studying anatomy and physiology than medical doctors.  We have classes in cardiology, neurology, endocrinology, as well as classes focused on diseases of all body systems.  We're also required to take a class on pharmacology.  Our medical friends spend much more time studying pharmacology, while we're focusing on critiquing our manual adjusting and learning specialized adjusting techniques.  We too spend time performing clinic rounds, more than 15 months worth.  Overall, we match the number of credit hours of most medical schools, at Logan we actually have a few hundred more hours.

So that's a very quick overview, it hardly does us justice, but it's a beginning I hope.  My next blog should cover what chiropractic really is and why everyone can benefit, even if you've never had back pain.

No comments: